Wednesday, September 24, 2008

His Love

There's so much that I think
And so much that I feel
It's hard to understand
How all of this is real

A smile from every laugh
A frown from every tear
I don't know which I've benefited
From most this year

There've been nights that I have mourned
Nights that I have cried..
But the feelings I've felt,
These feelings deep inside

They remind me who I am
And remind me why I fight
For at the end of each dark tunnel
There is a light.

If I set aside my pain
And put aside my sorrow,
There's a lesson to be learned
Which will help with life tomorrow.

There's always a battle to be fought
And always a struggle to be won
But if we turn to the light..
We'll find The Son.

If we give Him our whole hearts
And reach with all our might
He'll embrace us in His arms
And forever hold us tight.

There's so much that I think
And so much that I feel
So I turn to He, who loves me
And know my happiness is real.

Now I know which I've benefited from most this year
It's the times that have been hard
The times that without Him
My life would have been left scarred

I know His love is real
I know His words are true
And if you turn to Him
He will gladly comfort you.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

You have an amazing talent with words.

Christine said...

this poem is excellent!

MoM K said...

Very beautiful thoughts. Thanks for share them.