Sunday, September 21, 2008

Setting things straight..

It was brought to my attention that my last post (which I have now deleted) was bringing up some controversy. I just wanted to say I in no way meant to make my mother seem like the "bad guy".
My mother is a wonderful person and an amazing mother- and I love her very much.
I do not agree with the way she handles some situations, but people deal with situations in different manners. She is a mother, I am her daughter. Of COURSE we aren't going to agree on things! It's a fact of life :)

I was simply meaning to express my own feelings about a situation which I feel quite strongly about, not to impose negative speculation on anyone. For this, I apologize.

While my mother and I are very different people, she is definitely an amazing woman and mother.

I wouldn't trade her for the world.



5 comments:

licketysplit said...

i thought you expressed your feelings very appropriately in your last post. i didn't feel like you were bashing at all...it's important to be able to vent without feeling like you have to be diplomatic about it...

Kristin said...

Is it just me, or are there extra arms in that picture?

Mary Lynn said...

Kristin-
Hmmm... yep, it's definitely just you.

Those are MY arms!

Well.. alright, I guess my arms aren't THAT stretchy.. haha

That picture was taken a few years ago, during.. either the fall or spring? Anyway, it was really cold.
Those are James' arms wrapped around us, trying to keep us warm!

Also, notice how Elisabeth isn't in the picture? The rest of the photos from that day she is in, though I guess there's no way you would know that.. haha
Anyway, she was SO cold that she couldn't stand it anymore and ran off to sit in the semi-warm car.

And Jen took them :)
Isn't she great?



Shelly- Thank you. I was hoping I would be able to just let everything out here as well, that's kind of the point of the blog- to let people join me in going through life and trying to find myself in it all, and to be able to write freely what I feel and think.

However, some of my wonderful extended family members read my blog. It wasn't fair of me to put my strong feelings about a situation involving family without expecting the views about them being impacted, even if it is just a bit. My mom really IS great, and I really didn't mean to imply otherwise if I did. In past posts, I have been sure not to say names when family is involved for this very reason, and it just didn't even cross my mind this time.

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart. Love you.

Fauset Photography said...

I thought you expressed your feeling well without making your mom out to be the bad guy. We know your mom is amazing!!! Hence...we have amazing you!