Monday, April 12, 2010

Three Years in the Making (& some good news!!)



  (Scratch that last post!!! Ed found a job, he's not going to move in with us, after all!! WAHOOO!! Oh, happy day!!!)


  

  In other news,  I think this whole "eating" thing is working well for me. I just feel so good about life!

  Here, we have a picture of me, a little less than three years ago. This was about four months before I was so engulfed in my ED that I was finally admitted into the ICU.  (Oops.)

  Now, notice the very puffy cheeks. Normally, you'd think someone with Anorexia would have a very sunken in face, right?   Wrong. Not if they throw up twenty times a day, even if all they've had is water. The stomach acids are very erosive, causing your cheeks to swell a lot.. It was all I could do to smile, and you can kinda tell. I also notice how colorless my eyes look..



This next photo was taken yesterday. My cheeks aren't puffy, as I haven't purged since I was barely admitted to CFC. Over all, I've been doing fairly well with eating, too. And guess what? I feel HAPPY now! My skin is brighter- and so much CLEARER! Granted, one pic is indoors, one is out.. But that's because I was too depressed to leave my room at all. Another difference! My hair is lighter, which happens when I'm eating healthier and am outside in the sun more! (My hair is SUPER sun-sensitive, and people who are malnourished's hair color quite often turns fades to something more dull)

  So, here's the difference three years and a bit of food and help makes (Do the scrolling from one to the next thing, you can really tell the difference!) :


This makes me feel good about all the work I've been doing. YAY for being the HEALTHY Mary Lynn!! I like her better, anyway. SO. THERE!! :D


PS- Neither of these pictures are edited.

10 comments:

Annette Larsen said...

I LOVE to see a healthy Mary Lynn! You look absolutely loverly.

And I'm very glad that Ed is not moving in. That would be so awful to be living with someone who made you so uncomfortable.

Devyn said...

I like the healthy you better. I can see the change even though I haven't seen you in person for over a year. I am proud of ya and will always be here for you.
xo

Meredith said...

You ARE beautiful! I love that picture of you!!!!

And I'm SUPER glad that weirdo isn't coming to stay with you. Very glad indeed.

lisalisa said...

what a difference! You are positively glowing!

C'est La Vie said...

:) yayayayayay

You are beautiful, do i get to see you tomorrow?

Ruth said...

Oh, you look so wonderful! Your post says, "I just feel so god about life!" Pretty Cool, pretty cool.
Speak up about things that bother you because no one is a mind reader. And those little kids need to be protected, even the ones in your mind. Home needs to be a safe place, not a scary place.
Love you!
Aunt Ruth Ann

Jana said...

TOTALLY gorgeous!! Beauty queen, happy and healthy.

Bryce & Cherise said...

You seriously look sooo beautiful! :) yay for healthy living!

firefly said...

Wow I love the new you! You look so happy!!!!!Eyes are beautiful!!!!!

Translation company said...

Very interesting topic. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to say thank you for this great read!