Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Son

There's so much that I think
And so much that I feel
It's hard to understand
How all of this is real.

A smile from every laugh
Yet a frown from every tear.
I don't know which I've benefited
From most this year.

There's been nights that I have mourned
Nights that I have cried
But the feelings that I've felt
These feelings deep inside,

They remind me who I am
And remind me why I fight.
For at the end of each dark tunnel
There is a light.

If I set aside my pain
And put aside my sorrow
There's a lesson to be learned
Which will help with life tomorrow.

There's always a battle to be fought,
And always a struggle to be won.
But if I turn to the light,
..I'll find it is The Son.

If I give Him my whole heart,
And reach with all my might,
He'll embrace me in His arms,
And forever hold me tight.

There's so much that I think,
And so much that I feel.
So I turn to He who loves me,
And know my happiness is real.

Now I know what I've benefited from most this year
It's the times that have been hard.
The times that without Him,
my life would have been left scarred.

I know His love is real.
I know His words are true.
And if you turn to Him,
He will gladly comfort you.

No comments: